Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Reason I Live

You love to throw those horrible little temper tantrums that make me feel older than my 30 years on this planet. You both can't stand it when I try to hug you one at a time and you pull your sisters hair and she bites you and you wrestle just to beat each other out of my lap - never realizing that I end up with the brunt of all your blows. I make you breakfast and you throw it on the floor. I make you lunch, it ends up on the walls. Dinner sometimes makes it in your mouths but then again, the carpet stains are starting to get hard to scrub out...



I change your diapers while you kick at me, screaming to the point that the neighbors must think I've killed you both a million
times over... I buy you the best of clothes and shoes but you both seem to prefer to play "naked time".



Those cute and educational toys are used as weapons against each other and sometimes I wonder if I'm old enough to be your mom and worry that I'll end up on a talk show with you yelling at me for being a screw up while you curse at the audience, put your cigarette out on the stage - or worse - wave at me from one of those "Girls gone wild" commercials before you flash America!



I sometimes wonder if you even like me when you run in the other direction when I try to get you in the bathtub, or dress you, or even hug you. I know when you get older, you will defy me, disrespect me, be embarrassed when I try to pick you up from school and your friends are all hanging around... the first time you bring a boy home, I am going to clip one of his nails and take a hair sample for forensic evidence...



I'm not going to fool myself, I'm sure when you're 30, you will both understand why moms do what they do and just like I had to apologize to my mom, I'm sure you will both apologize for what you are about to put me through and just like my mom, I know I will forgive you both.

What makes me endure this torture??? That answer is simple... my heart leaps when you say "mama" and I tear up everytime I see you lying in your beds at night sleeping, and I know my life has purpose when you give me those wonderful little hugs that you both fight each other to give me. Am I full of myself - no - I'm just a mom.

My Little Angels -

Ashley (my redhead) was born May and will be 2 years old this month. Alicia was born April and just turned 1 this year - she's my blue-eyed munchkin doll. For those of you doing the math, yes, they are 10 months apart in age and although it is a lot of hard work, they are most definitely worth it!


My name is Jenn and I'm getting ready to divorce this upcoming month due to abuse - my daughters won't ever have to deal with him again... so, of course, I tried internet dating just to see what would happen and came to realize that internet dating is a lot like going to the deli... sometimes you get ham, sometimes turkey. The deli always makes sure to tell you that each sandwich comes with a pickle and you are always told your sandwich was made just for you... problem is... when you finally get your order, it is never what you asked the deli for and you find yourself throwing it away and settling for McDonald's - over 1 billion served! YIKES

2 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger jennro said...

thanks Bill - I really appreciate the compliment and I'll do my best to keep the jokes coming...

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger jennro said...

thank you muneca... now you know how I felt when I had to go home and my nephew would say "titi don't go" and start crying... how many times did I run back and hoist him up in my arms before I finally went home??? About 6 or 7 remember...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home